Recent JobsView all jobs
Valve Assembly Worker
VACANCY: Valve Assembly Worker (Temp)
Location: Bolton BL5
£12.00 per hour 37 hours per week – Temp Contract role for 3 months initially with potential to extend
This is a temporary role to work in the valve assembly production area of our clients Bolton, Manchester Operation. Please note that candidates will be subject to interview and Medical Fitness screening prior to induction / start.
Working hours are 07.15 – 16.00 Mon – Thurs, 07.15 – 13.00 Friday with break and lunch
- Mechanical fitting & assembly experience,
- Assembly of valve products in line with relevant hydraulic circuits
- The ability to load components into an ultrasonic wash bath
- The ability to follow drawing instruction and verbal training to stamp and etch valve bodies,
- Sound workshop practices including good workshop housekeeping.
- Work to stipulated quality standards and procedures.
- Comply with health & safety regulations.
- Operate small jib cranes, (training will be provided)
- Proven experience of assembling valve components.
- Ability to read engineering drawings and be familiar with standard workshop tools,
- Normal day shift working, but with a flexible approach to additional hours if required,
Experience in this role or similar would be advantageous, with an appreciation of EHS working practices. Experience in manual handling and lifting & slinging is desirable, but full training will be given. Full training regarding the operation of the ultrasonic wash bath, torque tools and etching pen will be given but any prior knowledge of these process is advantageous.
The core skills this position centres around the ability to prepare valve blocks for assembly, stamp and etch components and to build valves in line with assembly drawings.
- Demonstrated experience in valve assembly or similar,
- Basic literacy and numeracy levels, to interpret assembly drawings and safety instructions.