Recent JobsView all jobs
Technical Bid Manager
Brownlee Cale is currently recruiting for an experienced Technical Bid Manager based in Warrington.
- To evaluate and deliver high quality accurate competitive proposals, liaising closely with the Key Account Managers, Bid teams, Engineering teams and other divisions
- Review tender / enquiry documentation to facilitate effective ‘bid/no-bid’ decision.
- Prepare presentations for tenders and complete prequalification documents.
- Plan and manage framework bids, ensuring relevant support teams are engaged and regular bid review meetings are completed to agreed dates.
- To take the lead on new complex enquiries and manage the bid process highlighting project risks and the management of these risks with suitable mitigation measures.
- Co-ordinate and attend site meetings as necessary to survey / review the Client’s requirements. Ensure that all necessary H&S requirements / processes are followed in order not to put yourself or others at risk.
- Liaise with all relevant parties, both internally and externally, in order to receive timely and accurate information / quotations as necessary for the delivery of high-quality competitive proposals / tenders.
- Ensure that proposals/tenders are presented in sufficient time for review / sign off in accordance with the current authorisation levels procedures.
- Ensure that proposals / tenders are clear and unambiguous
- Carry out reviews of estimates, proposals and tenders in accordance with the current authorisation levels procedures.
- Attend project ‘kick-off’ meetings as necessary to effectively ‘hand over’ from ‘Proposals Dept’ to the assigned project execution team.
- Notify Directors of any significant commercial, technical or contractual risks associated with projects arising from specific proposals / tenders.
- Develop and improve systems and standard templates which clearly capture costs and scope.
- Ensure accurate forecasting is completed in sufficient time for input into the monthly sales report and three-month forecasts
- HNC / Degree in an electrical discipline or demonstration of experience
- Membership of professional Institution or similar body
- Job related experience Experience in LV & SI design / estimation & delivery with more than 5 + years’ experience within a similar role
- Skills and Knowledge Technical knowledge of complex projects including Electrical / Instrumentation / Systems Engineering
- Good planning, organisational and time management skills
- Excellent IT skills, including MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point and MS Project