Casual Hours Loading Shovel Operative
Storeperson/ Materials Co-Ordinator
Monitor and control warehouse inventory by overseeing, directing and coordinating the movement of supplies, products and merchandise into and out of the warehouse.
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing material movements.
- Oversee and assist with the loading and unloading of materials.
- Allocate and organize storage locations according to requirement’s.
- Sort inventory according to established procedures.
- Mark inventory with identifying information.
- Track and manage inventory by completing regular cycle counts.
- Update and maintain inventory records and databases.
- Pick and prepare orders to be shipped.
- Ensure proper packaging and labeling of shipments.
- Process and provide necessary paperwork for shipments.
- Receive and verify accuracy of incoming inventory.
- Resolve any discrepancies between paperwork and inventory received.
- Inspect and ensure quality of incoming inventory.
- Ensure accuracy of shipping and receiving documents
- Maintain all records/logs relative to shipping and receiving.
- Adhere to all safety standards and operating procedures.
- Ensure strict adherence to all housekeeping and warehouse standards.
- Part of time is spent in an office environment; most of the time is spent within a warehouse environment and yard area.
- Exposure to deadlines, multiple demands, distractions/interruptions.
- Dealing with outside environment such as temperature variations, moving machinery, noise, and fumes.
- Working in a warehouse and yard requires physical activity such as walking on uneven ground, climbing, lifting and carrying materials and the wearing additional personal protective equipment
operate computer, present information, read documents/materials, resolve conflicts, problem solve
- Good level of secondary education
- inventory control experience
- proficiency in relevant computer applications including MS Word and Excel
- familiar with warehouse management systems (WMS) and/or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) technology.
- familiarity with inventory scanner and barcoding systems.
- able to safely use warehouse equipment such as telehandler, reach truck, pallet jacks.