Recent JobsView all jobs
Brownlee Cale are excited to be recruiting for a Civil Engineering contractor on a major UK construction project.
The successful candidate will support project delivery, reporting directly to the Project Manager and Contract Director.
- Preparing quality, environmental and H&S construction plans in a timely manner, ensuring compliance procedures and systems are implemented and monitored.
- Planning, measuring, monitoring and reviewing the progress of contracts, ensuring compliance with project’s budgets and programme.
- Managing the project delivery team to ensure adequate resources are available in a timeframe that complies with project timescales.
- Ensuring timely submission of the necessary documentation for inclusion within the project health and safety file.
- Interpreting engineering drawings and specifications driving construction of the works in accordance with client requirements.
- Ensuring the timely procurement and payment of suppliers and subcontractors in accordance with company procedures and monitoring their performance including financial throughout the project.
- Preparing and submitting weekly reports on progress for review in the project’s financial CVRs and forecasts to completion.
- Identifying potential problem areas, and financial impact, in sufficient time to ensure adequate provisions have been made within forecast accounts.
- Providing sufficient and accurate information to the Works Management and Foremen to ensure works delivery.
- Actively resolve contractual issues with both clients and suppliers while also maintaining a good relationship.
- Degree or HND in Civil Engineering
- Experienced Site Agent in the civil engineering construction industry preferably on large earthworks projects.
- Experience in Design & Build and NEC4 Contracts.
- Strong computer literacy including Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience of managing and mentoring a team of engineers.
- Excellent knowledge of Civil Engineering and Health & Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Highly developed professional communication skills, including writing and presentation of reports, preparing business management documents, and presenting information in meetings with new and existing clients.
- The ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- The ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in both mathematical or diagrammatic form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Full UK Driving Licence is also required.
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary Project Performance Bonus
- Company Vehicle/Car Allowance
- Company contributing pension scheme subject to meeting eligibility criteria.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays