Recent JobsView all jobs
Brownlee Cale are excited to be recruiting for an experienced Senior Engineer for a Civil Engineering contractor on a major UK construction project.
The successful candidate will support project delivery, reporting directly to the Project Manager and Contract Manager.
- Manage and mentor team of engineers
- Interpolating GI data, designs, and specifications to produce accurate quantities & earthworks phasing 3D models.
- Management of all machine control setup, operation including 3D modelling and on-site accuracy
- Reporting to QA & project manager to ensure compliance with specification testing frequencies.
- Monitoring earthworks progress and accurately reporting weekly volumes to senior management.
- Support and promote innovation and new technology relating to earthwork operations.
- Support in the preparation of quality, environmental and H&S construction plans.
- Support planning, measuring, monitoring and reviewing of contract progress.
- Completing and ensuring the accurate setting out and surveying of all aspects of the works.
- Interpreting engineering drawings and specifications and ensuring the accurate construction of the works in accordance with client requirements.
- Providing sufficient and accurate information to the site Works Management.
- Assisting with ensuring adequate plant, labour and subcontract and material resources are available in a timely manner to comply with the project’s timescales.
- Assisting with the process of ensuring the timely procurement and payment of suppliers and subcontractors in accordance with company procedures and monitoring their performance including financial throughout the project.
- Identifying potential problem areas, and financial impact, in sufficient time to ensure adequate provisions have been made within forecast accounts.
- Assisting with the resolution of contractual issues with both clients and suppliers while also maintaining a good relationship.
- Degree or HND in Civil Engineering
- Excellent communication and leadership skills and experience in a similar role
- Strong computer literacy and good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, CAD, LSS surveying packages
- Excellent knowledge of Topcon/Trimble/ Leica machine control / calibrations including set up / applications
- Highly competent in surveying and setting out techniques using GPS and Total Stations
- Good commercial awareness with effective influencing and negotiating skills, as well as an aptitude to develop emerging and new client relationships.
- Experience of managing and mentoring junior engineers.
- Excellent knowledge of current civil engineering legislation and Health & Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Experience in writing and presenting reports, preparing business management documents, and presenting information in meetings with clients and other parties.
- The ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- The ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in both mathematical or diagrammatic form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Full UK Driving Licence is also required.