Recent JobsView all jobs
Senior Design Manager
Are you a Senior Design Manager looking for your next role?
Brownlee Cale are currently recruiting for a Senior Design Manager for a well established civil engineering contractor.
• Liaise with Sales / Technical / Commercial/ regarding mix and costs.
• Assess bid submissions
• Coordinate liaising with statutory authorities and planning/ highway departments and others as required.
• Liaise with and appoint Consultants to prepare all design information as required
• Manage the Design Managers responsibility on projects and in any community consultation.
• Develop relationships with stakeholder organisations to advance scheme progress and explore additional opportunities.
• Provide regular updates regarding scheme progress and attend regular Pre-commencement meetings.
• Establish good working relationships with all management and staff in the Company.
• Build, motivate and develop the Design team
• Develop a professional attitude towards your work
• Establish good working relationships with management, staff and site operatives
• Represent the Technical / Design Department at senior management meetings
• Monitor and review team progress of key milestones
• Develop systems and processes towards continuous improvement
• Manage team to ensure schemes comply with legal requirements
• Previous experience working within a similar role in Construction
• Up to date relevant knowledge of legislation
• Up to date relevant knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
• Flexible & adaptable
• Good verbal and written communicator
• Ability to work both alone and as part of a team