Recent JobsView all jobs
We have an opportunity for a Freelance Quantity Surveyor to work on major civil engineering projects with an established civil engineering company.
Reporting directly into the Commercial Director, our client’s requirement is for an intermediate to senior level QS to manage a large subcontract package in North East England.
- Manage the client’s forecast cost to complete giving consideration to their project budget and the completion date
- Manage a Cost Clerk and Trainee QS, offering guidance and support
- Understand the requirements of all the Stakeholders affected by the project, including but not limited to statutory authorities and regulators
- Ability to help the client achieve their aim on all projects while ensuring the project is commercially viable
- Produce contract Budgets, Costs to Complete and Cash Flow Forecasts
- Ability to assist the Project Manager produce a procurement schedule with lead in times to provide central buying opportunity to obtain best prices.
- You must have experience in construction and civil engineering and being able to work independently
- Sound knowledge of construction techniques and various contracts
- Experience of NEC3/4 contracts
- Experience of working on civils projects
- If you have worked in highways, structures, earthworks project, it would be advantageous.
- HNC/Degree in relevant subject is preferable
- Able to work to the behavioural ethics of the client
This role offers the opportunity to work OUTSIDE of IR35 subject to an assessment.