Recent JobsView all jobs
Brownlee Cale are excited to be recruiting for a Civil Egineering contractor on major UK construction project. We are looking for an experienced site-based Project Manager who is self motivated and a dynamic problem-solver.
The successful candidate will drive and manage project delivery, directly reporting to the Contracts Manager and Contracts Director.
• Directly manage and mentor a team of Works Managers, Site Agents, Quality Manager and Site Engineers.
• Ensuring all activities on-site are completed in compliance with the company’s Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
• Ensuring any environmental protection matters are identified; implementing mitigating procedures when required.
• Preparing quality, environmental and H&S construction plans in a timely manner.
• Leading and maintaining existing joint venture and client relationships.
• Ensuring compliance with project budgets and programme conduct through planning, measuring, monitoring and reviewing progress throughout the duration of the project.
• Managing the project delivery team to ensure there is adequate resource available to comply with project timescales.
• Interpreting engineering drawings and specifications, ensuring accurate construction of works in accordance with client requirements.
• Ensuring timely procurement and payment of suppliers and subcontractors in accordance with company procedures and monitoring and reporting their performance, including financial, throughout the project.
• Preparing and submitting weekly reports on progress for inclusion in the project’s financial CVRs and forecasts to completion.
• Identifying any financial and operational problem areas and impact to ensure adequate provisions are made when implementing solutions, including within forecast accounts, to resolve any issues arising on the project.
• Actively resolve contractual issues with both clients and suppliers.
• Ensuring the timely submission of interim and final accounts and releases of retentions and performance bonds with associated completion certificates.
• Degree or HND in Civil Engineering
• Demonstrable experience of Project Managing large earthworks projects in Civil Engineering & Construction.
• Experience in Design & Build and NEC4 Contracts
• Strong computer literacy and good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Project 2000, Project Costing Software.
• Good commercial awareness and excellent negotiating skills, as well as an aptitude to develop emerging and new client relationships.
• Experience of managing and mentoring site agents and engineers.
• Excellent knowledge of current civil engineering and Health & Safety and Environmental legislation.
• Experience in writing and presentation of reports, preparing business management documents and presenting to clients.
• The ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• The ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in both mathematical or diagrammatic form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines supported by strong organisational skills.
• Full UK Driving Licence.
• Competitive salary
• Discretionary Project Performance Bonus
• Company Vehicle/Car Allowance
• Company contributing pension scheme subject to meeting eligibility criteria.
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays