Recent JobsView all jobs
Resident HSEQ Advisor
Brownlee Cale are currently recruiting on behalf of a National Main Contractor who specialise in the delivery of Civil Engineering and Construction projects across the UK.
Due to an increased workload they are looking for an experienced HSEQ Advisor to join their Site team on a large scale build project in Leeds.
This is a Freelance position starting in June 2023 and will run until the end of the year.
As the Resident SHEQ Advisor on site you will be responsible for the following;
- Maintaining a strong knowledge of Legislation, Guidance & Codes of Practice along with learning the prescribed working practices and standards of the client.
- Provide advice & guidance to the project team to improve compliance levels and regulate risk on site
- Undertake inspections and 4 weekly review meetings
- Assist with the planning and development of the project induction
- Ensure all incidents, accidents, observations are effectively reported on company systems
- Escalate significant incidents and trends to the Senior Project Manager HSEQ Lead
- Monitor and assist in the close out of all actions in a timely manner
- Support the team with the planning and development of safe systems of work
- Work in collaboration with the supply chain providing areas of improvement
- Always lead by example
We are seeking HSEQ Advisors who have specialist experience working in the construction of Industrial & Logistics buildings. This sector is fast paced, changeable and demanding and prior experience is required.
We require someone with exceptional interpersonal skills, who can ensure the highest levels are maintained whilst communicating with diplomacy and tact.
- Proven experience as a HSE adviser within the Construction Industry, ideally for a main contractor
- Track record of providing high level advice and guidance on organisational health, safety & environmental matters
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is a must
- The desire to have autonomy whilst working in collaboration with internal & external teams
- CSCS, IOSH/NEBOSH or other HSE Discipline
This is a Freelance position paying a day rate which is negotiable depending on experience.