Recent JobsView all jobs
HSE Shift Supervisor – Mining
Our client a leader in the Mining Industry are recruiting for a Health and Safety Shift Supervisor, reporting into a HSE Shift Superintendent.
Handing out safety briefings, reviewing RAMS, writing HSE reports, carry out inspections and inductions. Ideally experience of working on heavy civils construction sites or Mining / Quarry experience. Will be given full induction on Mining work environment.
Shifts are 7 days on, 4 off, 7 nights on 3 off 11 hour shifts.
Health and Safety:
• Having the authority and responsibility to maintain a safe and efficient working environment.
• Follow Company health and safety standards and reports any unsafe acts or conditions
• Responsible for the use of all safety equipment according to Company rules and applicable legislation and ensures the proper use of personal protective equipment
• Apply the Health and Safety at Work Act, and other legislation relevant to the Redpath business and the Redpaths safety policy, standards and systems to all activities
• Advise senior management on matters relating to health and safety
• Conduct health and safety inspections Redpath Safety Program audits to monitor the effectiveness of major hazard controls
• Take the lead in Health and Safety meetings and related HS activities
• Develop/Review Risk Assessments to ensure that the methods and systems of work are safe.
• Take part in pre-start activities at the beginning of each shift including safety briefings
• Participate in Injury and Incident Investigations including injury/incident analysis.
• Conduct specific training in the field
• Support Site field Safety Superintendents as a resource.
• Aid in the development and implementation of Redpath standard operating procedures.
• Represent the company in relevant safety meetings
• Maintain confidentiality with respect to Redpath and client information
• Ensure that safety alerts and incident notifications are distributed appropriately and in a timely manner
• Communicate health, safety and welfare information relating to learnings, and any potential improvements in techniques or methods of accident prevention.
• Monitor the implementation of the HSE Management System applicable to site activities
• Intervene when personnel are failing to discharge their health and safety responsibilities and encourage good behaviour and practice
• Prepare information and presentations for meetings and training information.
• Immediately rectify or stop any unsafe operation or works
• Deliver specific training programs
• The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Working Conditions, Physical and Mental Demands:
• Part of time is spent in an office environment most of the time is spent making numerous site visits above ground & underground
• Exposure to deadlines, multiple demands, distractions/interruptions
• Dealing with underground environment such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, noise, and fumes
• Dealing with time changes associated with travel to site
• Underground visits require physical activity such as walking on uneven ground, climbing, and the wearing additional personal protective equipment
• Continuous mental effort required to analyse, organise, interpret and summarise information, data and documents
• Continuous mental effort is required to multi-task and problem solve while maintaining focus on the project
• Operate computer, respond to inquiries, present information, read documents/materials, resolve conflicts, problem solve, facilitate meetings
Required: Certificate in Safety, Occupational Health, Industrial Hygiene or related field Ideally NEBOSH Qualified
Preferred: Diploma in Safety, Occupational Health, Industrial Hygiene or related field, accredited to a Safety Professional body
Required: 1-2 years’ experience in mining health and safety capacity
Preferred: 3 years’ experience in heavy industry ideally mining, quarrying or civils with corporate HSE experience, development of health, safety, training programs and procedures.