Technical Supervisor/ Sub Agent
Electrical Project Engineer / Project Manager
- To take a lead role in the delivery of projects (LV Assemblies, Systems Integration, Telemetry, Electrical, Instrumentation & Control)
- To co-ordinate the efforts of other disciplines in delivering projects (SI / Telemetry / E&I)
- To co-ordinate design activities and documentation of other disciplines (SI / Telemetry / E&I)
- To manage LV Staff (as agreed) in the development of their skills and capabilities.
- To support LV Staff (as agreed) in the development of their skills and capabilities.
- To provide technical assistance and guidance on projects both pre and post sales.
- HNC/HND Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Or equivalent through experience).
- BEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Or equivalent through experience).
- Member of The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) (Preferable)
- Professionally registered as IEng or CEng (Engineering Council) (Preferable).
Skills & Knowledge
- Competent technical knowledge of industrial power systems.
- Competent technical knowledge of industrial control and automation systems.
- Knowledge of BS EN 61439-2 Power Switchgear and Controlgear Assemblies.
- Knowledge of BS EN 60947 Low-voltage Switchgear and Controlgear.
- Knowledge of BS 7671 IET Wiring Regulations.
- Knowledge of selectivity and co-ordination of protective devices and switching devices.
- Knowledge of electrical distribution theory, cable sizing, motor starting and control techniques.
- Knowledge of programmable logic controller systems and associated hardware.
- Knowledge of industrial communication networks, protocols and architecture.
- Knowledge of network ‘fault-levels’ and associated LV Assembly short-circuit withstand strength. Knowledge of power loss, heat dissipation and associated LV Assembly temperature-rise limits.
- Knowledge of earthing systems and practice.
- Knowledge of Product Conformity requirements (UKCA / CE Marking).
- Knowledge of Project Management ‘best practice’.
- Knowledge of ISO9001 QA systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation and with clients.
- Ability to influence and negotiate effectively.